Release Notes 1.7.5
Important new Features:
The following New Features are available with version 1.7.5 of the Workflow:
- Impose Editor: In Release 1.7.5, the complete Impose Editor has been revised and extended once again. In addition to numerous new functions in file handling and imposing, a stand-alone Impose Editor is also available with this version, which allows new and existing Production Jobs to be created or edited directly in the Impose Editor. The user can now add new files to Production Jobs using the Imposer.
- Impose Mode – Tiling: A new Tiling Impose Mode has been implemented with this version. This includes three different Tiling Modes as well as other specific functions such as the placement of folding lines to the Tiling.
- Manual Impose Mode: In addition to numerous minor improvements in the background of Manual Impose Mode, the scaling function has also been revised so that Print Items can be enlarged or reduced by entering values or by a percentage factor.
- Impose Editor performance improvements: Various performance improvements have also been made in the Impose Editor. From the new ruler tool to optimizing zoom levels, CTRL-Z (undo) options and other bug fixes. Furthermore, the Print Item preview mode is automatically switched to a »preview disabled« view if more than 100 Print Items are used simultaneously on a Sheet.
- Fixup Favorites: This new feature allows the user to define favorites for Fixups. These favorite Fixups are then available in the Article or Print Item detail view under the Print Data tab in a separate favorites menu, this eliminates the need switch between tabs to apply the most frequently used Fixups.
- Apply Fixups to multiple Articles: Starting with version 1.7.5, it is possible to apply Fixups to multiple selected Articles. You can select any number of Articles in the Article list or a Collection and then select and apply the desired Fixup in a new menu.
- New Fixups: In this version two new Fixups: Banner with Grommets as well as Add Grommets have been implemented especially for the large format industry. The Fixup Banner with Grommets offers various options where you can: scale the Print Item to the final output size, add Grommets, add a Dieline and/or a folding line. Other new Fixups include: Extract Colors from DeviceN and Synchronize selected Page Geometry Boxes.
- Custom Currencies: In the course of this release, selecting your desired currency was adapted to the system settings. Now it is possible to define your own currency. Simply enter the desired currency type (€, $,...) in the text field.
Extract Spot Colors from DeviceN: This function can be used to resolve DeviceN constructs during initial check-in.New features for »Settings«: Under the Administration menu item. Two improvements have been made:
New Cutter Devices added: under Administration > Cutter Devices, there are two new Cutter Devices available, these are:
- Aristo Cutter: As of Release 1.7.5, the Aristo cutter or the corresponding Aristo Cutter Control Panel software can be controlled. The selection of the cutting device determines the setting of Marks and the corresponding HPG cutting file, which is transferred to the Aristo software.
- SD-AugustaF150R Cutter: Starting with version 1.7.5, the cutting device »SD - Augusta F150R Cutter« can be controlled. The selection of the cutting device determines the setting of Marks and the corresponding DXF cutting file, which is transferred to the SD software.
- Editing Adobe Photoshop and TIFF files: As of this release, Adobe Photoshop (PSD) and TIFF files can be correctly uploaded and processed in the Workflow. The alpha channels are also recognized correctly and created as Spot Colors accordingly.
- New Profile calculation Templates for LFP and Proofing: So far, the Workflow provides five Profile Templates by default: Best Match, Standard, Economy, Standard (substrate), Reprofile. In this version the Profile Templates: Best Match, Standard, Economy have been renamed with a [TAU] extension. In addition, new Profile Templates for use in the Large Format industry called Best match [LFP], Standard [LFP] and Sublimation (substrate) have been added.